Table of Contents
Welcome to our first NetSquared Regional Ambassadors call!
We’ll be holding quarterly calls during this year (September 2013 – June 2014)
Meeting notes: September 16 2013 meeting notes
- I’m Eli!
- Sheetal intros (has to leave meeting early)
- Quick intros by Ambassadors and TSG staff.
Include those who couldn’t attend, and include Glenn and Alicja and Joyce.
Eli gives background on the Regional Ambassador pilot
- history in Global Leadership Council
- 1 year pilot – we will be evaluating whether it works.
- Limited # of regions initially, but will offer additional support via TSG staff
What is this gig? 🙂
- attend quarterly calls
- attend gathering in Washington. Book off the week of March 10, 2014.
- Ensure you have traveling documents in good order.
- Outreach to organizers in your region by email, chat, video call, etc. (monthly)
- see discussion below on what outreach will look like.
- Completion of six question evaluation survey (monthly)
- Be lead organizer for Net2camp event
- Regional net2 organizers invited to participate (some travel support available)
- Identify and support new Net2 organizers in your region
How we can support you
- Eli to send you monthly prompt with suggestions for outreach to your organizers
- We’ll cover all expenses for March trip to Washington, DC and NTC admission
- Priority access to education and travel bursary fund
- We want you to attend nonprofit tech conferences, events and trainings. We want you out there learning and recruiting and building your reputation!
- $1,000+ set aside for each Net2 Ambassador. Funds need to be approved by TSG. Process to follow.
- Financial support for holding regional NetSquared Camp
We estimate that this should take about five hours/month on average (March and your Net2camp will be the exception!)
What does mentorship and outreach look like?
The big questions of this pilot are: does peer mentorship work for Net2 organizers and if so what kind of mentorship and support?
- More frequent low-touch outreach vs. heavy outreach
- face-to-face vs virtual
See our goals in the evaluation outline.
How do we keep a record by make things REALLY easy?
I set us up with a shared Highrise CRM account. You just need to add a BCC address when you email and organizer and the note will be automatically added to their record.
How will we communicate?
- this wiki – I’ll post all core documentation here
- Email list?
- propose a google group
- Google+ community?
- Facebook group?
- other ideas?
- Quarterly chats
- Google+ Hangout okay?
- Conference call better? (Readytalk)
- how will we communicate status updates on the Regional Ambassadors to the Net2 organizer community?
Arranging a call time that will work for everyone will be next to impossible. I volunteer to take the hit next time.
Check your local time at time.is
Let’s agree on a time window and then I’ll circulate a doodle poll.
Agenda for December
- How’s your outreach going so far?
- what works?
- where do you need more support?
- What do you want to do when we gather in March 2014?
- Start planning Net2Camps