We will use the hashtag “SocMedSep”
Net2 organizers will be provided with a hosting guide to help shape and promote their contribution to the global tweet chat.
It will be modeled on the Digital Storytelling tweet chat.
Want to discover the latest social media best practices for nonprofits? Want to share what you’re learned with a wider audience? Then join us to the #SocMedSep tweet chat!
Interested in leading an hour of our upcoming global tweet chat on Wednesday, September 18 during Social Media September? Please visit the Google doc and pick a time you’d like, using this handy time zone converter to match up the local time you’d like with the correct time in UMT. All 24 hours are represented on the Google doc, so it should be pretty easy to slot yourself in at an appropriate time. Please also include your name + email, city, and the topic of your tweet chat.
Stumped on a topic? Here are some sample ones you are free to choose from. But don’t feel constrained by these—be creative! Be responsive to your own community’s needs! Pick something that will work for you.
- Nonprofits on Google+
- Using social media to influence public opinion
- Advocacy and activism on social media
- Measuring your social media impact
- Volunteer recruitment, engagement, and management and social media
- Using video (Instagram, Vine, YouTube) to tell your cause story
Check out the madness and fun of last April’s global tweet chat on digital storytelling.
LOADS more info will be coming soon, including a sample promo blog post, sample tweet chat questions, and a lovely guide showing how to run a tweet chat. Meantime, please pick your time slot as soon as you can. As soon as this smaller group picks their ponies, we’ll be opening things up to a larger group to really get the fun started.
If you could pick your time slot by EOD tomorrow before the weekend, I’d be thrilled. Early (very early) next week would also be great.
Thanks a million. Really looking forward to tweeting around the world with you at #SocMedSep
- Tweet Chat Hosting guide (to be modeled on the Commbuild chat facilitator guide)
- Promotional text to help promote your tweet chat via social media and email
- Leveraging existing communities. Hold your tweet chat in partnership with an existing twitter community who already holds tweet chats.