I’m Eli the Community Manager at NetSquared. I’m excited that you want to learn more about starting a group, and I will be here to support you.
Let’s have a quick call to discuss how I can help you create a new group. You can schedule me on my calendar at [http://doodle.com/vandergiessen](http://doodle.com/vandergiessen)
NetSquared is a global volunteer-led project of TechSoup Global that connects the nonprofit and technology communities. Our meetups are:
- Recurring (monthly ideally)
- Serve the nonprofit and social benefit community by increasing the tech skills of local groups
- Are accessible (free or low cost)
Here are your next steps:
1. Read the [Organizers Overview](http://organizershandbook.wikispaces.com/NetSquared+Organizer+Overview). It offers a summary of the benefits and expectations of being a Net2 event host: [http://j.mp/14oDyU5](http://j.mp/14oDyU5)
2. Schedule me for a quick phone call at [http://doodle.com/vandergiessen](http://doodle.com/vandergiessen)
3. Create an account on [NetSquared.org](http://www.NetSquared.org/local) (if you haven’t already done so) and email me your UserID.
4. Take at look at the [Organizer’s Handbook](http://organizershandbook.wikispaces.com/Table+of+Contents). There’s LOTS there, so I suggest you start with the [quickstart guide](http://organizershandbook.wikispaces.com/Quickstart+1-pager).
5. I will add you to the [organizers email list](https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/net2local) – please introduce yourself to your fellow organizers!
Once we’ve had a call I can fire up your meetup group and help create a page for your group on [NetSquared.org](http://www.NetSquared.org/local)
I’m looking forward to getting your group up and running! Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I will add you to the organizers email list – please introduce yourself to your fellow organizers!