Owning your own domain is super useful and insulates you from being trapped on a particular CMS or email host… But a domain can be tricky to set up.
NetSquared Local organizers can help bridge the gap by helping their members through the process of purchasing and setting up a domain.
Format: hands-on workshop for up to 20 people.
- Venue with internet access and a few computers (participants can bring these)
- Participants need to either own a domain or come with a name in mind
- Participants should have access to their DNS host
Net2 organizers guide participants through the following steps:
- Purchasing a domain name (if they don’t have one yet)
- Setting up their MX record
- Creating and setting up their email account. We suggest Office 365 or Google for Nonprofits because they are free for nonprofits (depending on your country).
- Setting up a website under their domain. WordPress.com and Tumblr both provide hosting options and are easy to use.
The event will go more smoothly if you deputize a few assistants to guide people through the process. 🙂