Safer Internet Event Ideas #SaferInternet
Here’s some event ideas courtesy of TechSoup’s Ariel Gilbert-Knight.
1. On-the-job/ desktop security
- It’s not about the technology: Ten things you can do today (with no budget or IT staff!) to protect yourself
- How scary is it out there, really? Understanding current and emerging threats
- Tips for teaching internet safety to your staff, volunteers, or constituents
2. Mobile security/ safety on-the-go
- Simple ways to protect yourself everywhere and on every device
- Getting a handle on BYOD at your nonprofit
3. Social media security
- Organization type- or demographic-specific sessions (social media recommendations for domestic violence organizations, social media safety for youth, etc)
- Creating social media policies
- Why privacy matters for every individual and every nonprofit
- Protecting your constituents and supporters (especially for controversial/advocacy orgs)
- Who knows WHAT about me? Top ways to protect your privacy online
5. Cloud security
- How much of a concern is security in the cloud?
- What me, worry?