Storymakers #Storymakers2016 #Storymakers
Storymakers 2017 is here! TechSoup’s storytelling campaign is dedicated to help nonprofits tell better stories. For the seventh year, TechSoup’s annual challenge will help nonprofits learn how to increase their storytelling skills.
- Public website with links to contest, webinars, Twitter chat and more: http://info.techsoup.org/storymakers-2017/
- Event Intro and Adobe Spark Presentation Slides (view or copy to make your own version)
- Event Hosting Guide
- “Become a Storymaker” guide for attendees
- Social Media and Email Marketing Kit and share graphic
Overview of Campaign: 30 Minute Video with Lewis Haidt and Molly Bacon
Participating in Storymakers 2017
- When: September 5, 2017 to October 31, 2017.
- What: NetSquared organizer holds an event during TechSoup’s Storymakers campaign that teaches local nonprofits how to use digital tools to tell their stories and advance their mission.
NetSquared will provide user-friendly event templates and activities help you hold events, with a focus on the use of the free Adobe Spark to help nonprofits create social media graphics, videos, and microsites.
NetSquared will provide:
NetSquared organizers will provide:
We are asking that our organizers reach out to knowledgeable, local speakers skilled in video and/or storytelling, who can use the above assets for an event. As always, we rely on your local connection to find a presenter.
Finding an Adobe Spark Presenter
The best way to find an Adobe Spark expert in your community is to ask the organizers of the local Adobe User Group.
- Search the Adobe User Group directory OR
- Check Meetup to see if there’s a local Adobe group
- Tweet to @AdobeSpark and ask if they can recommend a local expert
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I have to participate in all events?
A: No. Think of the activities as a “menu”. You can choose to participate in all or just some of the events.
Q: Do I have to hold my event(s) during the Storymakers campaign dates?
A: You can hold your events whenever you’d like. There will be more support available during the Storymakers campaign dates from TechSoup staff, but this guide will be available on an ongoing basis and we encourage you to hold a digital storytelling event during any month! 🙂
Q: What is the hashtag for Storymakers?
Q: How do I find out more about Storymakers?
You can email Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Can you summarize the campaign in one page?
A: Yes! Storymakers2017_one-pager_Jul 18.pdf.
(Archive – looking for prior Storymakers info/resources/links)