Net Tuesday is thrilled to me a media sponsor of Fresh Media’s “Remixology”. It’s gonna be super-fun. See you there!
THIS MONTH’S TOPIC //
Media innovation plays an essential role in ensuring that the revolution unfolding in communication continues. More than ever before, there is opportunity to take an active role in shaping government and policy in this country. This months event will bring together media innovators, social change organizations and concerned citizens, to talk about social media and citizen engagement. The event will be an interactive dialogue on how we can use social media tools to engage citizens to vote in the upcoming elections, and in engaging the public in important local and global issues.
- Tara Mahoney & Fiona Rayher, Co-founders, Gen Why Media Project (http://genwhymediaproject.com/)
- Ajay Masala Puri, Co-Founder, Co-Lead, Coop Culture (http://coopculture.com/)
- Jamie Biggar, Co-Founder, Leadnow (http://leadnow.ca/)
- Emily Jubenvill, Get Your Vote On (http://www.getyourvoteon.ca/)
- Kevin Millsip, Co-founder and ED, Check Your Head (http://www.checkyourhead.org/), Director, Next Up (http://www.nextup.ca/)
- Steve Anderson, National Coordinator, OpenMedia.ca (http://www.OpenMedia.ca/)
WHEN and WHERE //
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
The Waldorf Hotel (1489 East Hastings Street, Vancouver)
Doors 6pm | Talk 7pm
$5 tickets in advance and $10 at the door
or Visit our Event on Facebook
FYI – we sold out last time!
***If you do not want to pay online in advance, reserve a $5 ticket by providing your full name and e-mail address to Umair Amjad at email@example.com.
Because inquiring minds need to discuss! Because connecting and collaborating matters. Because Vancouver needs a launch pad for media innovation, and we want you to be a part of it.
FULL AGENDA //
6:00 pm – doors open – music, cash bar, mingling.
7:00 pm – Panelist presentations
8:00 pm – Break/stretch your legs/mingling time
8:15 pm – Question and Answer Session and Interactive Dialogue
9:00 pm – End of Talk social/networking session with after party!
ReMixology after party hosted by Gen Why and Get Your Vote On. Come to the Waldorf to celebrate the death of apathy and the age of engagement. Attendees with proof (a sticker or photo) they voted in the Advance Polls on April 22, 23 and 25 will be able to take advantage of Tiki Bar drink specials and Nuba food specials. There will be music and spoken word performances, a mock election, and a late-night dance party. Free admission!
Our media sponsors:
- CiTR 101.9 FM (http://www.citr.ca/)
- Discorder Magazine (http://www.discorder.ca/)
- Net Tuesday (http://www.NetTuesday.ca/)
- Vancouver Observer (http://www.vancouverobserver.com/)
- CJSF 90.1 FM (http://www.cjsf.ca/)
- Rabble.ca (http://rabble.ca/)
- The Tyee (http://thetyee.ca/)
- OCW Magazine (http://www.ocwmagazine.ca/)
- Scene in the Dark (http://www.sceneinthedark.com/)