We’re planning to hold a social media surgery to help build the social media capacity of nonprofits in PLACE and we need your help! We have organized a Social Media Surgery to offer small group and one-on-one assistance to nonprofits who need help with their social media strategy and are looking for surgeons and non profits who need help.
That’s where you come in!
If you have expertise in any social media platform, and would a) be willing to travel for an evening; or b) know someone we could contact to help out, we want to hear from you!
Please consider being a surgeon for a couple of hours on these dates, and spread the word to people you may know in these towns:
- September 12, 2013 3-7PM Traverse City Library
- POSSIBLE SECOND LOCATION??
Why would you want to do this?
1. Nonprofits need your help!
2. Social media is the one area small nonprofits often leave to the wayside if they have scarce resources, and yet, it’s increasingly important for nonprofits of all sizes to incorporate social media as part of their overall communications strategy. These groups just need a boost to get off the ground!
3. A small investment of 2 hours of your time can yield BIG rewards for the groups you are working with. Nonprofits who have attended others surgeries in the past rave about how useful and helpful they are to their work.
4. It just feels good.
If you have questions, let me know! My direct email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use Social Surgery as the subject.
Hope to hear from some of you soon…and spread the word!