Local organizers are passionate people who see the value in connecting networks and groups for more collaboration on a local and global scale. Many organizers say that they find new work and new projects, meet new contacts and grow a larger network, as well as have fun and make new friends. Whether you are new to your location or have lived there for years, starting a local group and serving as an organizer can help you and help your community!
What are NetSquared’s Local events?
NetSquared Local, also knows as “Net Tuesday” or “Wiser Tuesday” or even Tech4Good in some cities, events are free monthly gatherings for social changemakers and web innovators to network, socialize and share ideas about how nonprofits and social benefit organizations can use the social web for social change.
Being a Local Organizer gives you:
- Access to a global network of organizers with similar passions around the world.
- Opportunities to collaborate with the NetSquared Team.
- Visibility within our community as a catalyst and resource.
- Opportunities to participate at regional NetSquared Organizers training events.
Here’s what some of our organizers say are the benefits of being a Local Organizer
- Amy Sample Ward: Working in the field of nonprofit technology kept me in a pretty national/global environment, exchanging ideas and conversations daily with people from other states and countries and sharing our struggles and successes with each other. Organizing my local events, though, was the best opportunity I have found to really connect with my local colleagues as well as meet many nonprofits that were at different stages of technology adoption. It was such an honor and great fun to watch as the group grew, both in size and in knowledge, and to help facilitate that growth. We have members that cover the spectrum of organization type, job title, and previous knowledge – and that is what made the group so great! I loved being able to bring together so many different people who were all exploring how nonprofit organizations could use social media and developing technologies to more efficiently and effectively carry out their missions. Plus, I got to learn a ton and make some terrific friends at the same time!